Thursday, September 11, 2008

This is the day...

"This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it."

I just received this lovely reminder from my counsins wife, Michelle, in a caringbridge entry she does for her son Nathaniel (who is doing wonderfully and enjoying kindergarten) Our God works in such amazing ways.
Today I needed the reminder. I am wiped out and feel like complaining, not rejoicing.
I added five hours to my work schedule on September 1st and with Labor Day in there, this is the first week I am actually doing it. I know it seems like a ridiculously small amount...an hour a day, but I am sure feeling it. I also reduced my prednisone by 1mg and believe it or not, that too can have a significant impact. I am determined to get off this drug and will take the wait and see approach. Bill reminded me this morning that the same thing happened when I went from 12 to 11 about a month ago and eventually I felt strong enough to reduce it again.

Three reasons to rejoice:
I have been walking one mile, two and now three days a week for a month.
Yesterday morning I was blessed with a beautiful sunrise during my early morning walk.
My children are healthy.

When you find yourself gloomy, write down three reasons to rejoice.
It's a great way to put the complaining and gloom behind you as well as being a wonderful reminder of how very blessed we are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kris--You are such a big inspiration to all of us. Thanks for being you. I feel privileged to have you as a daughter-in-law.
Pat