Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Calcarea-carbonica

I decided yesterday that I was going to try the homeopathic approach to my disease versus the route of the trial drug study I had been considering. I got caught up on the word "chemotherapy" and just didn't want to have to try and get past it at this time. I want to be healthy. I will choose health.

The first step I took was signing Bill and I up for a cooking class:

"EATING FOR ENERGY "Wednesday, July 16th 5:30 to 7:00 PM, $29In this class, food coach Suzanne Monroe will focus on healthy cooking that provides lasting energy for hearty summer play. You'll learn about which specific foods to avoid, and which foods to eat for increased energy and stamina in these long summer
For more info, call 414.336.1111 or visit www.milwaukeepublicmarket.org

Not only did I sign up for the cooking class but Suzanne Monroe and I have a phone appointment tomorrow at 1:00 pm to discuss my health and see if she has any suggestions regarding nutrition and how what I ingest might help. If you google Suzane Monroe you will see that she has a site/business called reallifefood.com. More to follow on that.

So now what is calcarea-carbonica? It is what was on the five little tiny pellets I put under my tongue at 2:00 pm today. It is the remedy that Dr. Sweeney came up with to help the symptoms of my disease. Again, he emphasized and I will emphasize for you...this is not a cure, but there isn't a cure in traditional medicine either.
It is my hope that it will bring some energy back into my life. It is my hope that it will help curb the crashes that happen after I have a day of "normal" activity and "crash and burn" that happen the days that follow a fun filled weekend.
I am suppose to make notes of how I am feeling and then call Dr Sweeney back in two weeks and fill him in on the details. I will either take more of the remedy at that time or he will make an adjustment based on the feedback I am able to provide. I am excited about this new approach.

That's all for now.
Take care.
My quote for today: "Nurture Hope. Open your Mind."

klb

No comments: