Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The weather must be getting better....

The weather must have improved because we nearly doubled our miles in the month of June.
Together we walked 488.89 miles to bring our combined total to......2647.6 miles as of June 30th. At this rate a 3rd person is going to be able to come along to Denver before the end of July. I will try and do a better job getting the miles communicated as I understand it is providing motivation to many of you and certainly to me as well.

I felt great last week. So great that I actually thought maybe I had turned the corner and remission must be right there within my reach. Guess what? I did it again. I rolled around in that good feeling like a happy puppy in the sunshine. I had energy and I used it and I loved it and this week, I feel like a truck hit me. Oh well, it was FUN while it lasted and it will come again.

Today, I caught up on a blog of a fellow myositis person. I was stunned to see that she had quickly slipped out of remission and was prescribed with chemo infusion. Guess what...it's the same drug, same procedure as the trial drug study I have been keeping my fingers crossed at participating in. No where in all the consent forms was this drug referenced as a chemo drug and by no means did the side effects sound as dreadful as the ones she experienced. So, I am going to forward her blog to the doctor that is heading up the study here at Froedert with a few more questions. I am not saying that I will not do it, but I am saying that I will be asking a few more direct questions before signing my name on the dotted line.

I'll talk to you all soon.
Thanks for checking in.
klb

No comments: