Monday, December 15, 2008

Changing directions

The topic of my blog is about to change. Not too worry, occassionally I will provide updates regarding my dermatomysitis however, there haven't been any updates to report and I am missing the activity of writing about life in general.

Last Tuesday, I had my second to last coaching sessions with my food coach, Rachel. It's getting scary to think that by next Tuesday, I will have all the information and resources that I need to continue on this journey of healthy living. I've learned a lot, practiced a lot, made some changes and tried so many new things.
To begin I need to list my goals and desires. Why I am committed to this goal and to whom will I be accountable? Then I have to document the specific action steps I will take to get there.
Let me not forget gratitude. It will be important for me to keep track of those things that I am thankful for, that's the Vitamin J (joy) I referenced in my last blog.
So, that's the new format...feel free to jump in anytime to comment, hold me accountable, etc...
The journey continues.....

2 comments:

Meg said...

Hi Kris! Gratitude Day today! Just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much you continue to inspire me to be better and do better in so many facets of my life. Thank you , again, for your long-distance motivation.

Also, I joined Facebook this past week (trying very hard to keep it totally mature and professional, of course!). If you didn't know, they've got "groups" you can join of causes/activities/sports, etc., things you're interested in. There's a Myositis group with more than 700 members, along with updates and links to national groups and message boards and such. May be worth a look, if you're on FB already...

Have a great day~
xxoo
Meg

Bob Mack said...

Kris, I am visiting my 83 year old mother in Milw. I live in Louisville, KY. She showed me your article from 8/23 Journal. She has very similar symptoms. I told her we would contact you to learn more. who is your doctor, where is he so we can connect my mom's doctor with him? Thanks, Bob M.