Saturday, December 19, 2009

Away in a Manager...take care Tim.

Yikes, so soon....and after weeks, I am posting twice in one day.

Well, it's late at night and I am just home from a Christmas party so my typing might be slurred...

I just got home from a party and before calling it a night I had to check my email. I received a "caring bridge" update from a friend who is battling cancer. He has a wife and two beautiful daughters and of course, this is nothing he "signed up for".

This past weekend I was with my family and my mom and sisters and a group of wonderful ladies enjoyed lunch and a Lorie Line concert. During the concert I found myself reflecting back on the many concerts we had seen together over the past 12+ years.
One moment, of one concert, over the many, many years came to mind....
"Away in a Manager"...one year this song was especially hard to sing.
I remember holding my mom's hand and praying with her (or maybe silently in my head)..."please dear God, not this year."
"Be near me Lord Jesus, I ask thee to stay. Close by me forever and love thee I pray. Bless all the dear children in thy tender care...and take us to heaven to live with thee there."
I was sick. I still am...but not nearly as bad as it was. I really did not want it to be over and three years later I am planning to celebrate with family and friends another wonderful birthday of Jesus.
I AM BLESSED.
Merry Christmas...a couple of days early.

No comments: