Tuesday, August 10, 2010

60 + and other information...

T-shirts
I submitted my t-shirt order for printing.
63 t-shirts were ordered and many of them will be participating in the walk on September 19th.
Ohhhhh...I hope the weather is nice that day.
I also collected $490 in donations for Myositis Research and Awareness.
Many thanks for your generosity. I know that this is a very hard time to be asking for donations and I feel blessed that so many find this to be a worthy cause.

Walk
A few people have asked about the upcoming walk.
There is no required distance, meaning it's not a 5K, 10K or anything else. It's just whatever you can do. Remember...."I____ because I can" is the t-shirt message. Just do what you can do, that's it.
We are going to total up the combined number of laps people walk and that will be our record to break in future walking events.

Medication
I haven't started my new medication yet. There was some confusion with my lab work from last week and I had to have some additional tests run yesterday. The results should be in over the next few days and then I'll get started. I've been practicing drinking a lot of water. It's always important but now it's even more important. I am up to 96 oz of pure water usually by 3:00. After that I switch to LaCroix or something like that. I keep four pennies on my desk and each time I finish a 24 oz bottle of water I move a penny to the other side of my desk. It's an easy way to help keep track of my progress. The goal is to have all four pennies need to move before I can leave work.

Singing
I went to a funeral yesterday afternoon. I have been thinking about participating in our church choir for awhile now and it just seemed right to honor Chuck's life and join the choir voices for his service. Unfortunately that didn't work out for me. Humidity makes it a little harder for me to breathe and my pulmonary rehab has taught me a new way to breathe which is not conducive to the breathing you do while you are singing. A deep breath in and and an exhale (3 count out) doesn't work when you are singing. I guess I will continue to raise my voice from the church pew versus the choir loft and of course, in the car too...much to my family's dismay.

Have a great day.
Kris B

2 comments:

RachelRae said...

"O Lord, open my lips- and my mouth shall show forth your praise."

Jesus loves your singing whereever and however it occurs- pew, loft, car, dinnertable, lazy-boy, etc-:)
However please do consider after about that Oct. 5th date the loft is much, much less humid- ;)

Unknown said...

I got you another $200.

sing sister sing!