Thursday, October 21, 2010

CT Scan

I saw Dr. Adl yesterday and the results of the CT scan are good.
There's no inflammation. YEAH!
The tapering of the prednisone can continue very slowly. I am at 10mg right now and can't wait to report the day when I can do without.
My next doctor appointment is November 2nd and hopefully at that time we can formulate a plan for the other medicines.

I mentioned in one of my emails that I wasn't sure if I was believing in myself as it related to what I could accomplish physically so in September I committed to 150 minutes of exercise each week and I did it. In October I bumped that up to 160 minutes per week and so far I have also been able to keep up with that. I plan to continue adding 10 minutes a week each month for as long as I am able. It's slow but it's something and I feel good about it.

I ____because I can. Right now I am swimming, walking, riding the bike and just this week added some weights to that.

Thank you for checking in.

Quote for today - I saw a cartoon that says "I'm always losing my car keys, my temper, my memory and my patience...so losing weight should be a breeze!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you continue to amaze me and inspire me! Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

Kris, you are an inspiration to who know you!