Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just one very small part...

Today after work I went to a funeral for a coworker and it got me to thinking that myositis is really such a very small part of who I am. It's an adjective but just one of many ways to describe me and I think it's time for it to take a back seat. There are so many other ways I would like someone to think of me.
Here's what I learned from my coworker...she was sick but it wasn't who she was. She came into work, she did her job and she did it very well. She was brave. She was courageous. She was lovely in the face of a great challenge. When I think of her, I do not think of the condition of her health, it's all those other great words. It is not cancer.
Do my actions reflect the woman I want to be? Am I a strong role model for my kids? What are they learning from me? Are they learning how to be a compassionate sibling? Are they learning to love unconditionally? Are they learning to believe without seeing?

Faith...Hope....Love!

Not a smooth transition but I don't want to start a whole new entry...
I am working on a letter regarding the myositis walk that was held over Labor Day weekend at Nicolet High School. It will be mailed to all participants, donors, etc....I do feel terrible for the delay and it certainly is not a reflection of a lack of appreciation. It's hard to put into words what that day meant for me, but again, it just a very small part....one day in the life of a woman blessed over and over again.

No comments: