Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I am feeling really good. The other day when I wrote that I was going to rest for an hour....right.
I got up an hour later and Bill said "Go back to bed, I got it". Many times Bill needs to remind me how important it is not to push myself. We're in this together. Have I mentioned lately how blessed I am to have him in my life. With his encouragement I went back to bed and woke up the next morning refreshed and ready to go.
There is a little bit of adjusting going on right now in our home. The kids are no longer at Summer Camp so when I get home from work we needed to figure out how I was going to be able to rest.
Jake and Emma are wonderful. I lock up the house like Fort Knox and let them know there is no opening the doors, answering the phone, going outside or yelling and then I go upstairs and rest for an hour. They use the quiet time to read, do a craft or most likely catch up on "sponge bob" or other kid shows they love. It's really quite amazing what kids can and will do.
Tomorrow Jake has immunization for measles, mumps and rubella. We put this off at his four year appointment because of the high doses of prednisone I was taking.
Are you wondering what that has to do with my health?
Well, although it's been six weeks without taking any steriods, two of the medications that I am currently taking are immunisuppressive drugs. This means my immune system is suppressed. The MMR vaccination is a live virus so we will be saying a few extra prayers that I have what I need to keep myself healthy.
Other than that my next lab work and doctor appointment is August 9th. More medical updates will come at that time.

Here's my quote for today....
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." -martha theresa-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kris - Maybe there was a reason I read a recent 'Dear Abby' or similar column (it's not really my habit, but for some reason this particular one caught my eye). Being that school's not starting for another 3-4 weeks, have you guys considered (and you probably have) having an appropriate aged neighborhood or church kid/young adult be with the kids a couple days a week?

I know, from experience, that sometimes it's hard to ask for help, cuz we want to and think we can, or have to, do it ourselves...

Our prayers are with you and we look forward to seeing you'all, next week...