Monday, August 20, 2007

This past weekend I was together with my family (children, husband, parents, sisters, brother in laws, niece, nephew, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc...) and we prayed together for the life of my cousins four year old son, Nathaniel. We laughed and cried and smiled and golfed and ate and drank and spent money on great silent and live auction items. It was a weekend full of life, love, hope, faith, family and Jesus.
These things make up what is most important to me.
It was an amazing experience to stand among a crowd of people (family and complete strangers) and actually feel the power and strength and comfort that comes from this that we held in common. One little boy and the simple request of his mom and dad to pray for them brought people together from all over.
I took many things and many memories from this special day. One of those things was a small red and white rubber bracelet that says "Bravery". You know those bracelets that Lance Armstrong made famous, well, it's like that. The money donated for the honor to wear it goes to Aplastic Anemia and Nathaniels family.
What does bravery mean to you?
What obstacle is so big that you need "bravery" to overcome it?
I have a few things on my list. A few things that seem pretty hard, maybe even impossible (though you all know by now that I don't believe in impossible). I talked to my uncle at this event and we both commented on how we are looking at life differently with Nathaniel in our lives and prayers. The bad days don't seem so bad. The aches or pains or frustrations pale in comparison to what we pray for each day for Nathaniel and his family.
Please consider those things on your list that seem unbearable to overcome.
Decide which one would be life changing for you.
Pray without ceasing.
God is with you for each and every step it will take.
Be Brave.

Love,
Kris

No comments: