Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy, happy, happy

It has been weeks since we have had a home computer, therefore also weeks since I have provided you with an update.
Well, let me bring you up to speed.
September lab numbers just came in....
I talked with Dr. Cohen today. The muscle inflammation number is continuing to creep up. She gently reminds me that prednisone is what will help control that number and I keep doing my best to wait and see what will happen in the next months lab numbers. Some numbers report higher than they are suppose to be while others are lower than they should be but I am still feeling pretty good.
I said to someone the other day that I am working on getting over a "pass/fail" sort of feeling when the lab results come in. Really I have no control over that and I should focus and concentrate on those things I can control.
One of the side effects of the drugs and the disease has been weight gain. I recommitted recently to focus on those things I can control and guess what....
I chose what I put into my body. I went back to the support of Weight Watchers meetings and in three weeks I lost a grand total of 1 pound. I would be kidding you if this didn't disappoint me a little bit however my new mantra related to weight loss is "as long as it takes" I am in it to win.

My quote for you today is
"From a good beginning, all else flows." -Dan Millman, author and motivational speaker

For those of you who are fortunate enough to know my mom and dad, you know that they gave me a good beginning and it is from there that all else flows.
From there, the next good beginning came the day I joined my life to Bill's. This is not an easy time but we are holding on to each other and sometimes holding each other up. Many things can be thrown out of our boat to keep us floating but we've agreed it won't be each other.

Thanks again for checking in. Now that I have a home computer again I will be back sooner rather than later. Can I ask one more thing from you....please say a prayer for Nathaniel. He got his third bone marrow transplant yesterday and we pray it is the one that brings to him a long, healthy, happy life.

Kris

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hi Kris!

Reading your post, I'm again reminded, with thanksgiving, that we are indeed sisters united in the one-day-at-a-time family, on a multitude of levels.

Cheers to you!
xoxo Meg