Friday, September 21, 2007

Simmering Disease

Good evening,
This week has been tough.
Maybe because Bill traveled this week but I had help from my sister, my neighbor and my mom so I don't think that's it.
Maybe because I pushed my physical limits last weekend.
Maybe because my disease is simmering.
I have been uncomfortable for most of the week. Sometimes for no reason I feel a little dizzy. Today I had some pain in my arms and now that old familiar feeling of wet sand has returned to my arms. I continue to think tomorrow I'll feel better but today I realized a call to the doctor was in order. She said she has been watching my lab work and the muscle inflammation number went from borderline one month to slightly above where she's comfortable seeing it and she believes my "disease may be simmering". Today she put me back on prednisone. Just a low dose of 10 mg a day but I really didn't want to have to take it again. I have an appointment to see her and have additional lab work done on October 3rd. It will be at that meeting that we discuss and/or decide what the next step is.
Well, I am going to rest my aching arms.
Thanks for checking in.

Kris
Here's my quote for the day: "A hero is no braver than an ordinary person, but he is brave five minutes longers." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Kris..I think of you every day. You are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you. -L.