Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The good and the bad of 9/26/07

Well, today has been a roller coaster. This morning I shared with my branch my decision to step down as the Branch Executive Officer of the Historic Third Ward location. The decision was incredibly difficult because the joy and rewards I receive from that job are countless. The people are wonderful. The clients are great. The neighborhood is full of energy and excitement. I will miss it terribly. OK, that's the bad. The good is that PyraMax Bank found a way that I could continue to add value to the company. As of October 1st I will be working part time (no more than 20 hours a week) as a Floating BEO. This will provide me the opportunity to continue to do what I love, working for a company that believes in me (and I in it), and put an additional 10 hours a week toward improving my health.
Now, speaking of my health....my doctor appointment scheduled for October 2nd took place today because the symptoms that cause muscle weakness and achiness in my neck and arms was becoming more of a concern to me and I didn't want to let it go another week. If anything was going to need to be changed I wanted to do it now instead of three days before Bill and I jet off to Las Vegas for a weekend together.
The physical/strength exam that my doctor performs immediately indicated a weakness in my neck and arm muscles. The lab results will not be back until tomorrow or Friday but she bumped up the prednisone to 20 mg, bumped up the oral chemotherapy (azathioprine) from 2.5 tablets to 3.5 tablets a day and gave me a prescriptions to soften the side effects of the prednisone. "Take that and call me in the morning" Just kidding. She will see me in a month or on a needs basis as determined by me.
Dr Cohen is a great doctor. She was very pleased that I changed my appointment and saw her today. She prepared a statement for me to carry with me when I travel so that if for any reason I would end up in an emergency room those caring for me would have a basis for treatment. Speaking of emergency rooms...I mentioned to her my desire to consume a fantastic glass of wine with my wonderful husband as we dine at DelMonicos in Las Vegas on Friday, October 5th (our 11th wedding anniversary). I needed assurance that all the medical warnings about eliminating alcohol consumption wouldn't ruin our honeymoon and land me in the emergency room. She assured me it would not though it would show up on my next liver tests but that would be OK this time. Her personal prescription was to enjoy the time away.
Well, that's it for now.
Thanks for checking in.

"The priviledge of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

No comments: