Monday, September 24, 2007

Reason #2

Reason #2 why I do not like taking prednisone....
It feels like it takes over my emotions. Sadly it's not the happy emotion or the giddy emotion but it's the bitchy one and it seems to jump out at Bill for no reason at all.
He just looks at me and says in such a kind and caring voice..."What's wrong?" or "Are you OK?" and something takes over and I snap at him. "I'm fine" or "nothings wrong". The truth is nothing is wrong. I don't know why he asked. What did I do or say to indicate something was wrong.
Do you think I should caring around one of those "quiet please" signs from the golf tournaments that says....BEWARE PREDNISONE AT WORK.
Well, if you see him remind him how much he is loved and that it's not me that's barking at him it's the drugs.
Now, if I bark at you or am short in a conversation, please don't think twice about it....just know I am not myself right now but as Arnold the terminator says..."I'll be back."

OK, I thought I was done. But all of a sudden I find myself wondering why it was so easy to tell you about the side effects of this drug and not Bill. Did I just figure it out while I was typing? He's at the pet store with the kids. I will call him and let him know right away.
Communication...with a friend, a spouse, a parent, a sibling, a relative, an employee... is so important. Just think how crappy we would all feel if we expected someone else to just know what we are thinking or whats going on with us.
Talk to those you cherish. Tell them how you feel. If you don't they might never know and you might never know what would have or could have been.
Good Night.
Kris

2 comments:

Pat said...

I don't know if it will work for you, but I find that if I just count to ten, it helps a lot--kinda takes the edge off.

Meg said...

Thanks for the message today, Kris. I just wrote my friend a message, to thank him for dinner last night and to let him know how much I value his friendship and his time.

Michael and I used to use a hand-signal for when it was clear we were irritating each other, but it was more of a release than an attack. Maybe you could come up with some sort of sign language (maybe the letter "p" for prednisone?) that you could flash Bill and others when what's been said needs a "disclaimer"?

Peace to you and Bill, as always