Sunday, September 16, 2007

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
This was the bible verse displayed on the back of the tshirt of a team of walkers raising money for Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin in the Briggs and Al's Run and Walk yesterday. Together the walkers and runners raised over a million dollars.
The back of the "Team Luebke" tshirt which we wore with great pride reads "This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it." Amazing how a very young family going through a very hard time with their son can start every day with this bible verse and how the one little life of Nathaniel, with all our hopes and dreams and prayers behind him has made it easy to share God's love with perfect strangers.

I walked 3 miles yesterday. It truly wore me out, but I did it. I made it to the finish line. Although I am quite exhausted even today, I feel really great about this accomplishment and look forward to pushing myself to physical limits again and again.

Be thankful for everything you have, and everything you don't have.

Thanks for checking in.
More to follow...
Kris B

No comments: