Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday, June 4th

What an exciting day for doctor stuff to report...
Today I met with a family practice doctor that I was referred to by the Physical Therapist I have been working with.
He is a family practice doctor who also practice homeopathy. It was really a great interview for both of us. We both asked lots of questions and he will take the answers I provided and try to come up with a treatment plan. I believe I will hear back from him late this week or early next week. He gave me a book to read called "Catching Good Health with Homeopathic Medicine". I am reading it as fast as I can so that I have a better understanding of this approach. What is most appealing right from the get go is the total body approach (mind, body and spirit). Many of the meds I take are ones that offset the side effects of the other, etc... that has never felt right.
For more information on homeopathic medicine you can go to www.nch.org

Now the next exciting news happened later in the afternoon when my rheumatologist called me to give me my lab results. Some numbers are good, some numbers not so good. Not terrible but enough to be recognized as active disease. For this reason she asked my permission to send my medical records to a contact of hers at Froedert Hospital who is a central contact for an NIH study on the drug Rituxin. It would be an infusion treatment that takes about 5-7 hours in weeks one and nine. One infusion would be a placebo and one would be the Rituxin. All participants will get both the placebo and the Rituxin but we wouldn't know which infusion was what. She isn't certain they will chose me as a participant but feels it's worth a shot. For more information on the study you can go to www.rimstudy.org

I believe if they don't chose me for the rimstudy, than the homepathic approach is the way to go. If they do chose me, homepathic approach will still be an option down the road. Right now it just feels great to be heading in the direction of a new approach to better health.

Thanks for checking in.
klb

No comments: