Monday, June 2, 2008

105....

105 shirts.
I am thrilled to announce that a total of 105 shirts have been ordered. Included in that is the preliminary order that was submitted for a few family members so they could help me get the word out. Here's an email I received last week from my mother-in-law...

"Hi, Kris--I wore my new shirt when I went grocery shopping this morning, and a lady stopped me and told me that she thought the message on the back was just wonderful!!
Pat"

When you get your shirts and you have a chance to be "walking awareness" please share with me any comments you get. If they are good, and why wouldn't they be...I will post them here.

On Monday, June 23rd, I will be making a presentation at PyraMax Bank (my employer) to share information on Myositis. At that time I will have the opportunity to share the t-shirt campaign with my coworkers. I tell you this in case you find others that want to order, another order will be submitted in early July.

I saw the doctor last week. We made an adjustment to the way I will taper my prednisone so that I take it every day instead of every other. This is being done in hopes of not having so much down time/recovery from the zero dose day. The other thing that I wanted to share about this appointment was a new way to describe my disease.
She compared my disease activity to the white hot coals of a fire. They do not look hot but if you touched them you would get burned. In the same manner, my disease is still active. It does not look active but its effects are still there (for now).
The last two days I have had some increases in the pain/discomfort in my hips. Not sure if this is active disease, effects of lower doses of prednisone or something as simple as sleeping on a very hard surface while camping this past weekend. I'm not too excited about it but I am certainly not going to worry about it, just keeping an eye on things.

The last thing I wanted to share with you today is an exciting email I received from the Myositis Association. They forwarded an article about a high school athlete who competed recently in the state WIAA competion. She is from Green Bay and two years ago, after being diagnosed with Dermatomyositis was barely able to make it around the track.
Last week she was competing again. I put out a few emails today to see if she would be interested in campaigning with me and if we might be able to get a local awareness story in the media. Of course, I will keep you posted.

Take care...

Mile totals for May will follow in the next day or so. I want to make sure every gets a chance to get their miles in first. Oh yeah... I went for a walk this morning. :0) yeah!

No comments: