Monday, March 30, 2009

32-36 and a few other things

32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or e-mail them to death!)

and here are a few other things...
Last night I decided that I wanted to really focus on only putting healthy, wonderful, whole foods into my body. My food coach refers to this as a "Gentle Cleanse" For the next 10 days or so I will do my best to avoid processed foods, sugar and artificial sweeteners, wheat, alcohol, processed meats, dairy products, coffee and caffeine and soy products.
YIKES...what's left?

Whole grains - including brown rice, millet and quinoa.
Vegetables and fruits
Nuts and seeds (without added salt)
Beans
Fish/Chicken
Eggs
Water and herbal teas.

I started this morning and I don't know if it's the "gentle cleanse" or what but I have a KICKING headache this afternoon. You know what I almost went for immediately to feel better...Food and not the choices I listed above.
I don't remember if I wrote about this the last time I did it but it was tough and in the end I felt so good, so empowered and in control that I believed I would do it at least once a month or so. If memory serves me correctly, that was last fall. How quickly I turned to what I was used to and what was comfortable and easy. It's OK to be out of your comfort zone, but it definitely takes some self motivation and pushing to do it. I hope to blog the "gentle cleanse" process over the next 10 days or so and document how I am feeling each day...the good, the bad and the ugly.
Today I had a mixture of raw walnuts and raisins, baby carrots and an avocado. For dinner, the carrots will be cooked and I am going to make some quinoa or brown rice add in some yummy spices and drink alot more water.
Well, I am off to check my cupboards, freezer and refrigerator so that I can make a list of what is missing to ensure that I have no excuses standing in the way of this goal.

A goal without a plan is just a dream.

No comments: