Thursday, March 19, 2009

40 is wonderful, flamingos and all...

Hello friends and family,
Here are five more things to contemplate.

26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.

Now, let me take just a few moments to tell you what a wonderful week I have had. As many of you know, I do my best to have a positive outlook, to take my days in stride and look at the glass half full. Turning 40 was something I was concerned about. If I could have turned forty a couple years ago when I was feeling my best, that would have been nice. However, that is not how it works and Thank God for that.
As many of you know, I did not want to have a party. I just wanted to turn forty in the quiet of my own home and process it in my own time. My wonderful husband respected that wish but also surprised me. My mailbox has been overflowing with notecards from family and friends and friends of family for a couple of days now. Thank goodness I was at home when I was reading all of them. I was in tears. Happy tears, joyful tears, laughing tears and tears of thanks for all of the wonderful people who have been and still are part of my life.
40 is wonderful.
Thank you to all of you who made it a wonderful day.
Love you all.
Kris

No comments: