Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kris Barger's 2nd Annual Myositis Awareness and Fundraising Campaign

You may have received this in an email format but if I didn't have your email address and you are still checking in on me, I wanted to reach out to you as well.

As many of you know, last year I had a walking campaign to raise money and awareness for Myositis and Myositis research. This year I would like to reach a greater audience and am hoping to connect with local media to assist me. I am not sure if you have connections with local media but I would appreciate your assistance if you do.

Although I can't attach it to my blog, I have a draft news release I received from The Myositis Association which will provide some general information regarding this rare disease.
This year I volunteered to co-chair a support group here in Wisconsin. We are just at the beginning steps of that process but it would be wonderful to reach out to a larger audience and offer the support and services of the Myositis Association.
I would be willing to share my story and can be contacted either by email or phone.

I have a campaign site set up again to collect money for research.
Please visit www.myositis.org. On the home page you will see

You can make a difference
Learn about TMA members' campaigns to raise funds and awareness for Myositis.



Click on TMA members’ campaigns and click on Kris Barger’s 2nd Annual Myositis Awareness and Fundraising Campaign.
I appreciate your assistance and your thoughtful consideration in making a donation and helping me raise money and awareness for this rare muscle disease.

Sincerely,
Kris L Barger
414-228-0971 (home)
414-858-2991 (work)

No comments: