Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 1

Well, day 1 on prednisone has come and gone.
I got through the day with no sweets (I did have strawberries with a little whipped cream)
I took the stairs instead of the elevator.
I wrote down what I ate.
I did not go for a walk. Today I will walk when I get home from work.

About 7:00 PM I got a fairly bad headache that lasted until about 7:00 this morning.
I couldn't fall asleep which had the added benefit of extra time with Bill. I usually fall asleep hours before he does and last night we watched "Parenthood" and "24" and then went to bed at the same time. He fell asleep and I laid awake until at least 2:00.

Today is a new day, the sun is shining, and another benefit of the prednisone is that my hands don't hurt nearly as bad as they normally do. I know that I am taking it for my lungs but I'm certainly not going to look a "gift horse in the mouth" (what does that mean anyway)
This morning I had a quick conversation with my investment guy. He's a great guy, very knowledgeable and caring. He always takes time to ask about the family, the kids, my health.... He shared with me that his daughter was recently diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and is also being treated with high doses of prednisone. I told him about the book "Coping with Prednisone" and he is going to buy it for his daughter.
It was nice to be able to share what I learned with someone who I go to for answers. I was able to give back because of my experience with this. I hope that opportunities continue to present themselves where I can see the positive in all of this.

Have a blessed day.
Kris

No comments: