Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Froedert Green Card

Today I had my appointment with the neurologist at Froedert Hospital. Unlike other previous visits I have had there today I had to go to the registration desk and they completed a profile on me with contact information, insurance stuff, etc... and then they gave me my own "green card" I was trying to think of all the things this might get me...
Frequent Flyer Miles
A free cup of coffee after six visits
$10 off when I spend $50.00 or more
the list could go on and on.

Today I had another EMG. This test is two fold. The first part is a measure of sensor and motor nerves, the second part is a measure of the muscle and any myopathy within the muscle. Bill brought me to this appointment and I invited him in to watch and ask questions. I learned a lot more having him there. I was more comfortable asking questions with him there and I was less intimidated by the screen knowing that what the doctor was seeing and explaining was being heard with a second set of ears.

The tests were pretty good. Actually, some better than the ones I had done the last time. The goal continues to be one that frees me taking two forms of chemotherapy and the steroids. I have to remind myself that the doctor hoped to get me there within a two year timeline and I am only a year and a half in.

Patience
Patience
Patience

Shaking hands, unexplainable, uncontrollable and terribly untimely sweating continue to bother me. I asked the doctor about it today and he feels that it is very likely the effects of the medication, not the disease.
I am not certain that splitting the dose of Methotrexate into two made too much of a difference but I might have more energy/less fatigue yesterday and today then I have had in the past on a Monday or Tuesday. I have not figured out a way to document this. If anyone has any ideas I am open to suggestions.
I definitely felt better on Sunday even though I spent six hours in the car traveling home from a wonderful weekend in Minneapolis.

Just a quick note:
After the first of the year I will begin distributing "Youth Juice". I will send more information as I get it together but if you want to check out another website to get a sneak peek you can go to

http://ourworldnetwork.com/kbarger

If you would like to try a bottle without buying a case let me know. I have a couple of cases at home now for my own consumption. It's spendy but when you are looking for something to make you feel better I found it to be worth it. It's $45/bottle.
Like a really fine bottle of wine, right?

I don't have a quote for today, just a word.... BELIEVE.

klb

No comments: