Thursday, December 20, 2007

Must be the holidays...

Hello friends and family,
It must be the holidays...
This week has been a little hard. On the way home from work the last two days I found myself exhausted. Really, not able to make one stop on the way home, not one errand. Just enough to get home, eat something, or too much of too many things, in hopes that it will give me enough energy to skip the nap and cross something else off the "to do" list. In the end it has ended with a nap so I should really identify that and skip the "eating too much" part as it is not giving me ANY of the results I desire.

By chance do any of you know anyone who enjoys playing with an excel spreadsheet?
I figured out a way that I can start to track "How I feel" based on some set criteria. I think a spreadsheet would probably be the best route to track this but for now it's on a word document and then a number on my planner.

Here’s the criteria:

1. Was I able to get out of bed by 6:00 AM – Yes is worth 2 points
6:15 AM – 1.75 points
6:30 AM – 1.50 points
6:45 AM – 1.25 points
7:00 AM – 1.00 point
After 7:00 – 0. Weekends probably need to be categorized differently.

2. Did I sleep a minimum of 7-8 hours last night – 2 point for yes, 0 for no

3. How many hours did I spend awake last night – subtract .25 for every 15 minutes of awake time

4. Did I do my Physical Therapy today – 1 for yes, 0 for no
5. Did I go to the WAC – 1 for yes, 0 for no
6. Did I need to rest in the afternoon – 0 for yes, 1 for no
7. a) Did I go to bed between 8-9:00 PM (with the kids) – 1 point
b) Did I go to bed between 9-10:00 PM – 2 points
c) Before the kids is - 0 points
8. Did I work today at least 4 hours – 1 point

10 points is a great day, 1 point is a day that I felt like crap.

In addition to documenting the above I would like another line to document the medications that I take related to myositis and the dates in which those doses changes.
Prednisone, Methotrexate and Azathioprine.


Thursday, December 20th
2
2
-.50
1
0
0
1
1

No changes to medications today. 40 mg of Prednisone (even date)/175 of Azathioprine

Total =6.50

So, if you know someone who might find joy in putting this into a spreadsheet for me, please let me know.

Here's a quote from the email I received from my Oprah Mission Calendar:

"What an enormous... magnifier is tradition! How a thing grows in the human memory, in the human imagination, when love, worship, and all that lies in the human heart, is there to encourage it." --Thomas Carlyle

A thought for you based on the quote above:
Hold the hand of someone you love this Christmas while you sing "Silent Night" The song reminds me first of Christmas at my Grandpa and Grandma Luebke's house, singing around the dining room table, the candles flickering on the walls and reflecting from the iced windows of the porch that shared the kitchen wall. Next it reminds me of the candle light service at Pilgrim and the faith that streamed in the form of a tear down the cheek of my dad, and most recently holding my mom's hand at the Lorie Line concert....no words, just the sharing of a hand, a faith, a love, an admiration....

Good night.
Kris B

2 comments:

Kevin Luebke said...

Hello Kris,

Merry Christmas. I remember the same candle on the kitchen table at G&G's house. Great memory. Wishing you a Peaceful Blessed Christmas.
-Kevin

Vicki said...

Hello Kris -
I'd be happy to play with this for you...give me a couple of days.
I don't do some of the real fancy things that I've seen others do with Excel, so I would encourage others to try to help you out with this as well.
Thank you for giving others a chance to do something for you.
Lots of love
Vicki