Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Miles to date....

In May I added some miles from my marathoning coworker and also added another person who is now training for the Chicago marathon, those two additions plus the continued efforts of my faithful weekly walkers has brought our total as of May 13th to 1993.57 miles. HOLY COW.

Over the past few days a couple people have asked why I want to continue to add walkers and miles now that we've made it to Denver.

Here's the reason....the more people I have emailing me their individual miles, the more people I know have been made aware of Myositis. Remember, this campaign is two-fold....research dollars and awareness. I am counting on a trickling sort of effect on many levels. Knowledge, Awareness, Research Dollars, Positive thinking followed by positive actions, etc.....

Feel free to ask your walking or biking partner to email miles to me as well. The journey is a long but beautiful one.

Have a great day.
Kris B

No comments: