Monday, May 26, 2008

Tshirt Update

Good Morning and Happy Memorial Day.
As of this morning I have sold 68 tshirts. I will organize the spreadsheet and submit the order this week. I have another runner who will wear my shirt and help raise awareness. It's really quite exciting. My sister Beth did a great job putting together a brochure for me. I will send them along to you when I send the tshirts and thank you notes out. I am really feeling good about the success of the campaign so far.
Speaking of feeling good...I am not feeling so good these days. Not terrible but my muscles are achy and tired and I feel like I am needing to rest all the time. I believe it is part of the tapering of prednisone that is causing this and I am just going to hang in there because I am quite sick of this drug and it's side effects.

On Friday night I had a great conversation with a woman by the name of Sherry. She is young and also diagnosed with an autoimmune disease (Rheumatoid Arthritis). I was amazed that many of the symptoms she experiences and frustrations of the treatment are the same as what I have been experiencing. I also realized how important this kind of support and understanding is. The Myositis Association has a KIT group program (KIT stands for Keeping In Touch). Meeting with Sherry inspired me to prayerfully consider leading a group like this in Wisconsin. I have thought of it on occassion before but it wasn't until speaking face to face with Sherry and hearing her experiences that it really hit home how powerful and positive this could be. I will finish with the tshirt/awareness campaign before I take anything new on but will let you know if I decide this is what I am going to do next.
Thank you to everyone who continues to send miles to me. I am not adding many of my own these days which makes getting yours even more important to me. Keep them coming.
I wish you all a wonderful memorial day.

Thank you for your continued support and interest in my journey.
Sincerely,
Kris Lane

No comments: