Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A few updates from the past week or so...

One of the most exciting things about the past week is the Physical Therapy. This is really a very different approach but so far I continue to feel GREAT at the end of each session. I have appointments scheduled on Tuesday and Fridays and the GREAT feeling lasts at least 24 hours. After last Fridays appointment I felt great until Sunday. When I evaluated everything I did when I felt GREAT, I realized that I didn't do such a good job at pacing myself. Pacing has become almost second nature to me but when I felt so good, I definitely wanted to make the most of it. I paid for it. The fatigue on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday was lousy. Now it's Tuesday evening and I feel really good after my PT today.

Another exciting thing...my employer is providing the opportunity for me to sell my myositis tshirts at work this summer, they will plan a casual day for the Friday before National Myositis Awareness day for people to wear the shirts to work and also provide a "Wellness Seminar" which will be a one hour presentation to employees of the bank. I will look for a professional to come in but if I am unable to find someone who has the time and is willing to talk for "free" then I will make the presentation myself. With that being said, I am open and actually hoping for your feedback. What have you learned by following this journey? What would you like to know more about? What's worth sharing again? Let me know if you have any thoughts on what would make a valuable presentation for my coworkers. You can either put it in the blog or you can email me directly at wbarger@wi.rr.com or my new email address that I set up for fundraising at beemarket@gmail.com . Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this subject.

OK, another exciting thing... Jake lost two teeth in one week and Emma competed in her first feis. A feis is an irish dance competition. She did a great job and received a third place medal.

Oh, it's getting close to bedtime for the kids so I better get going. I did want to mention how exciting it is to go to the mailbox everyday. I am on a roll and have received at least one order or donation every day for the past five days. What a blessing. I have had an inquiry from Long Island, NY and received order forms from MN, IL and WI so far. Keep the word out there and thank you for all your prayers, good thoughts, positive messages.
I really am blessed.

Good Night.
Kris B

No comments: