Thursday, January 22, 2009

Two in one day?

Well, I know I miss writing and the fact that I am posting twice in one day is proof of that.

What else have I learned?
I learned that you can buy semi-sweet chocolate chips that are sweetened with grain instead of sugar. They are better than the ones we grew up with and for someone like me who has a sugar addiction, easier to keep under control.
I learned that if I start my day off with two large glasses of water, my body wants to drink more water all day long and eat less. This doesn't work if I eat first and drink the water second. I don't know why, but it's something new that I have learned by listening to my body and understanding how it reacts and response to what gets put inside.
Oh, the coolest thing....I learned that in the middle of a cold Wisconsin winter that there are WARM SALAD recipes to enjoy. This week I have had a new one every day of the week. No more regular old iceberg lettuce in our house. Yesterday it was spinach, today it was a rainbow chard, the other day bok choy...with some yummy roasted vegetables or nuts....it's a wonderful dinner on a freezing cold night. Added bonus is the yummy dressings that are homemade and EASY. If you come to the Barger house, you can count on a salad being on the menu. Not too worry about my family, they are still eating too. Bill is still the wonderful cook he has always been.
That's all for now.

Believing,
Kris

2 comments:

Meg said...

OMG Kris, I just had the best salad last week... don't know the dressing (something vinaigrette, nice & light), but it was lots of different greens, and they added fresh pear pieces, mango pieces, and pomegranate seeds and a few slivers of parmesan for some nutty/salty goodness... Sooo deelish!

Unknown said...

Kris,I wanted to check in and see how you were doing and I am so proud of you. You are listening to your body and using the foundation we built. No one is perfect and you know you are empowered to make the smartest decisions you can. Stay on this path, and if you take the wrong road one day, simply make a
U-turn and get back on the path you want to be on. Keep up the great work...
Rachel
Real Life Food Coach