Friday, March 5, 2010

No new autoimmune disease fighting for attention...

I just talked to Dr. Cohen and she gave me the results of the other tests.
There are no other autoimmune diseases trying to fight with my myositis and everything else looks fine too.
The CPK number is just outside of the normal level at 189. She said in most cases that wouldn't require a second glance but for me it's up from 78 so that might be why I am experiencing increased fatigue and the pain in my hands, wrists and joints. To put things into perspective though, it was over 3300 when I was first diagnosed. I have to remember how far I have come.

Dr.Cohen does not believe the methotrexate or azathioprine that I took in the past is what is in the tissue of my lungs as that is very rare side effect and often clears itself up. It's been well over a year since I took either of those medications. She did say that Dr. Adl is the expert in the area of lungs though and that is why I am seeing her. She agreed that no further changes in medication need to happen until the results of the brochoscopy are back. I will schedule a follow up appointment with her once we return from Florida unless my symptoms worsen (is that a word?)

I am glad there is nothing new and I plan on enjoying the sun and fun the weekend has in store for me. Sounds like I might be going somewhere warm. That is not the case, just the forecast here in Wisconsin.

No comments: