Monday, March 1, 2010

Bronchoscopy

Bill went with me today to see Dr. Adl. She was very nice but more important seemed to know her stuff. She explained that above all else we need to figure out if what is going on in my lungs is an infection. Once we know that, we can figure out how to proceed. I am scheduled for a bronchoscopy on the morning of March 24th.
A bronchoscopy is an exam used to help diagnose lung problems. This exam provides a direct view of my breathing passages. A thin flexible tube called a bronchoscope is used. A special light and tiny camera are attached to the tube. The bronchoscope will be used to gather tissue samples by brushing and biopsy. This is an outpatient procedure and if all goes well, shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to an hour.
I am guessing that I won't know any more until then.
Thanks for checking in.
Kris

1 comment:

Todd said...

It's a good thing it's on the 24th because only good things happen on that day....like me and your niece, Maggie. Prayers are being sent to the heavens for you and your health.