Friday, June 3, 2011

Not as easy as a phone call

I knew when I left for work this morning that I would be coming home to rest before the day was done. By noon I was headed home. This morning I left a message for Dr. Cohen letting her know that the low dose of prednisone did nothing to help my aches and fatigue. She called back this afternoon and instead of lining up the Rituxan, she told me we need to do some more tests to rule out it being anything else.
First, a test of my adrenal glands. It could be that they aren't working like they should be and that is causing the fatigue and aches.
If it's not that, then we will do a full chemistry panel and the doctors will make sure it's nothing else.
An EMG and EKG might also be ordered and maybe a muscle MRI which is a new technology that wasn't available three years ago. Not everything at once, the easy things first.
It is much like putting together a puzzle. Look at this piece, does it fit? Look at another piece....does it fit?
In the end the puzzle is completed but it takes patience and the right set of eyes.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Kris you are such a strong and remarkable woman. You continue to amaze me as you face this disease with still a positive outlook and such honestly when you truly feel the pain and fatigue. Thank you for being true to yourself and letting us know how you really feel. I check your blog weekly and look forward to your updates. Thinking of you and know I am here if you ever want to chat!