Monday, June 27, 2011

Really....there's no more room!

The results from the thyroid test came back normal so I won't be adding any medication for that however, my estrogen levels are low (probably because of the series of drugs I have taken) and the solution for that, another doctor appointment. This time to see my ob/gyn and probably estrogen replacement therapy (more meds) And medication to delay osteoporosis and Vitamin D3 and the medication I want to take because it has helped other people who actually have myositis I can't take, at least not now. We will look at that option again when I see my rheumatologist on August 4th. Really, there is no more room in my pillbox. Really, I am only 42 years old and I feel like I am 84.
So, my solution...I am getting mad and I am getting even. I am not going to sit around and feel like crap so I got home from work, put my tennis shoes on and went for a walk with Jacob and Star. If I am going to ache and I am going to be exhausted, I am going to do the stuff I love to do. I am not going to stop fighting to feel better. Trying to stay positive. Today is hard but tomorrow is another day.

On a side note, I was just looking at our family calendar and it is crazy busy so I decided I better put a date on the calendar for the 2nd WI Myositis Walk. Please pencil in Saturday, September 3rd (this is super tentative because another Myositis Member is helping me and we haven't been able to connect). I know it's Labor Day weekend but I am hoping if we can do it right away on Saturday morning (like 9-11) it won't take away from your other plans for the long weekend.

2 comments:

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Hello My Dear Friend Kris Lane~
I have no idea how I came upon this blog (okay...I think it was a "God thing"), but I wanted to tell you how much I admire you and your faith through all of this. God puts storms in our lives so we can mature in our own faith and be an example to others as we face these icky things in life. You are exactly that...a wonderful example for others.:)

Hugs to you, my friend!

P.S. I accidentally deleted the first time I posted. Sorry!