Monday, March 3, 2008

227.74

Last week 18.5 miles were logged toward our "trip" to Denver. That brings our total to 227.74 and just 816.36 miles to go. I am starting to think through a walking event that I hope you and all your family and friends will be able to participate in. Without giving any more information (because I haven't figured it out yet) you will need to travel no further than out your front door.
More on that to come.

Yesterday (Sunday) I was just dragging. Bill gave me a "pass" from going to church but I told him I didn't want to miss church and if I was still wiped out after the service he could bring me home and I would rest the remainder of the day. When he offered to drop me off in front of church, I accepted graciously. (you know, that space is reserved for the old people to get dropped off but that's about how I felt...39 is just around the corner)
Anyway, what a sermon. It may have been written just for me, or at least that's how I felt.
The story was that of the blind man. The disciples asked Jesus "Who sinned, the man or his parents that he would be blind?" "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," Jesus replied."but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." WOW. That got me thinking. What can I do so that the work of God can be displayed through my life?
The other wonderful part of being in chuch on Sunday was seeing Deb. Deb is one of the first people I remember meeting when I came to Our Savior Lutheran Church. She is so friendly and welcoming and genuine. It's been a while since we have seen Deb. She is battling cancer and the illness and the compromised immune system has kept her from worshipping with us. She was there today and I could just hear "This Little Light of Mine...I'm gonna let her shine." as she walked down from the communion rail. I know you all pray for me, could I ask you please to add Deb to those prayers. Thank you.
I am still waiting on the results of the last lab visit. I am curious to see if it will be reflective of how I am feeling. My neck and arms (upper) tire easily and the last few days I have felt like staying in bed with the covers pulled over my head.
I remind myself that this too shall pass.

The last quote I gave you was ....
"You Can..." and you were suppose to fill in the blank.
My blank was filled with "Overcome any Obstacle" and I can.

Thank you for caring.
Thank you for checking in.
Kris B

No comments: