Friday, March 7, 2008

Lab update

After days of voicemail tag I heard from the doctor. My lab numbers continue to have "moderate changes" indicating an increase in inflammation. She does not want to make any changes to my medications until she is able to do a physical evaluation. My next appointment is the first week of April so I will know more than.
This week wiped me out. I believe it has now been three weeks since I have been to the gym. Thankfully we "spring ahead" this weekend. When the temps get over 35 degrees I will start to walk outside again. I already have a one mile and a two mile walk measured out. I am starting to worry a little bit because at this rate (with the three weeks away from the gym) I now need to go about 35 miles a week to get to Denver. YIKES. I hope I start feeling stronger one of these days very soon. If not, let me tell you again how glad I am to have you walking with me.
I didn't want to go there alone anyway.
This week I was working with some people for the first time. One of them commented, "I wish I could have your hours". That really grabbed at my heart. I wanted to say, "Yeah, well I didn't chose this." or "You have no idea how much I love my work and how hard it is for me to leave when I feel needed and on the edge of success"
A "new normal"....I'm still working on this. I am stumped though. I will continue to pray about it and one day, I know it will be right there in front of me.

I appreciate being able to document this journey and share this experience with you.
Thank you.
Kris

3 comments:

Meg said...

Don't stress about the mileage to Denver... we'll all get you there!

Listened to a Buddhist priest last night, and one of the things I took away from it was that "if we look back, we regret; if we look forward, we worry... don't miss what's happening right now."

Congrats about holding your tongue about the comment on your work hours... I don't think I could have been so gracious!

Am off to go send you some positive energy ;)

Meg

Pat said...

I agree--don't stress about the mileage, and go ahead add another 15 miles towards our trip.
Meg

Pat said...

16.5 more miles on our way to Denver.