Saturday, March 15, 2008

What a week...

It's been quite a week or two...
Last week I got caught up in the excitement of helping to open a new branch of PyraMax Bank.
It's a beautiful new office in West Allis, with wonderful people and it reminded me a lot of what it was like when we opened the branch in the Third Ward. WOW, a lot has happened since than and it's a powerful reminder that there is someone else in the drivers seat of our lives.

This week I had the opportunity to travel to North Carolina for a business trip. It was a trip I walked away from inspired and excited to make a difference with the investment program at the bank. As you know, I have been forced to take advantage of the resources around me in my personal life and this trip showed me that I can do that in my business life as well. There are many people who want to help and some that are even paid to. Asking for help, not an easy thing but many times, the right thing.

On this trip I also found out that I sleep much better at home where the people I love are close by. I came to realize that a six hour work day is not something I can handle physically at this time. I had to dismiss myself from the meeting on Wednesday after six hours and that was a good thing. Although I was engaged and learning and enjoying the time, my body was telling me enough is enough.
Speaking of enough is enough, I took the pressure off of myself to cross 1044 miles individually before the conference in September. I am going to accept the help and encouragement of all of you and use your miles to help me get there. Secretly I was tracking my own but then when I figured out how much I would have to walk each week, I stopped walking entirely. The goal become overwhelming.
Since I last reported our miles, we have added 48.41 to our totals.
Thank you for all your help. Spring is right around the corner and I don't know about you but I am looking forward to walking outside again.
Talk to you soon.
Thank you very much for checking in with me.
Kris Lane

No comments: