Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pulmonary Rehabilitation

On Thursday I had my first appointment at Endeavor Therapy. Over two and a half hours I met with a physical therapist and a respiratory therapist. They helped me understand what they could do to help and what the program would cover. I will meet with them for 1-2 hours two or three times a week for a 12 week period. They will help me understand my lungs and my lung disease and how I can make the most of what I have. Which by the is still pretty good. I know this because they monitored my oxygen levels and my heart rate during a six minute walk and it stayed very consistant.
What are my goals?
  • There are things I can control and things beyond my control. I want to know what I can do and then I want to do it. I want to continue to incorporate physical family activities into our life. Biking, walking, running, swimming, hiking, etc....
  • I don't want to live my life in neutral, stopped by the worry or concern of doing too much and how it will effect me
  • I do not want to gain anymore weight with this round of prednisone
  • I would love to be able to run a mile with Emma
  • I want to learn about my lungs and this aspect of the disease. Not what it means generically, but what it will mean specifically to me. Can it go away? Can it improve? Can we stop it from progressing?

That's where we will start.

Thanks for checking in.

Kris

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks Kris for continuing to share your journey with us.