Monday, January 7, 2008

A day of fasting...

Hello friends and family,

One of my favorite books when I was pregnant and then the first year and the toddler years was "A Girlfriends Guide..." to all of these times. What I liked the best is that the author was very down to earth, she used everyday words and examples and basically she told it like it is. I thought about those books last week when I was prepping for the colonoscopy that took place on Friday. It's one of those things, you don't ask too many questions because sometimes the ignorance is bliss....on the other hand it sure would have been nice to know that it might feel like the life being sucked out of me after two doses of Ginger Lemon Fleet stuff. YIKES.
Anyway, I considered documenting this in my blog but then feared you might all log off and never log back in. If anyone wants to know, just ask. I promise to tell it like it is.
The three things that were the best things I learned from this:
1) I can go without eating. I can control what goes in my mouth. I can say "no" to cravings and temptations if I really want to. From midnight on Wednesday, January 2rd until after the procedure on Friday, January 4th I was on a clear liquid diet. I survived.
2) You will likely not lose an extraordinary amount of weight during these three days. I don't know why, but I was hoping for at least 5 pounds and the scale went nowhere, not up but not down either.
3) The amnesia drug is a beautiful thing, and most important...it's better to go through it then wonder or worry that something might be wrong.

Great news, nothings wrong in/with my colon. :0)

On to a new subject:
YIPPEE, I have walking partners. My dad, my mom, my mother-in-law Pat Barger, my sister-in-law, Meg Williams, my sister, Beth, my Uncle Dave (it's never too late to join)
Last week we logged 7.75 miles. I'll let you know when we get to Franklin. We have a PyraMax Bank there and I am sure they would want us to stop by and say "hi" as long as we are passing right by.
There is no requirement to when to email me the miles so I will just let you know once a week how far we have gone together based on what I hear from the walkers.
Thank you though, all of those miles were not mine.

Quote for the day:

"We do what we have to do so that we can do what we want to do." -Denzel Washington

Thanks for checking in.
klb

1 comment:

Pat said...

Kris--Mileage this week is 5 miles. Hope to do better next week. Take care--
Pat