Saturday, January 26, 2008

Spreadsheet Update

Hello,
Thanks for checking in. I don't recall if I mentioned that my friends Laurie and Scott created an excel spreadsheet for me to use to document how I am feeling. I have been logging data on it since the first week of January and although I don't see any trends, I continue to log the information and really feel as though one of these days something going to hit me and the lightbulbs and bells will go off.

I have given a point value to the following items: what time I wake up, how long I slept that night, negative points for the time I am awake during the night, points for working at least four hours, going to the gym, doing my physical therapy, points value for what time I go to bed at night and if I have to rest in the afternoon. I am also logging my medication, changes to it and when I forget to take it. This week I added headaches to the spreadsheet.

The highest value I can get in any given day is a 10.
The first week I averaged 6.89
week two was around 4.64 and this past week 6.32.
Today is a bummer of a day. I started off strong and by noon I was wiped out. I went upstairs to rest and while I was laying there I could feel my muscles just throbbing. I closed my eyes and prayed that this was not the beginning of a flare rather the result of the four trips to the gym this past week and so I am cautiously optimistic that I could possibly blame this on that increase of activity. I'm not giving up the gym though. It's good for my body, my mind, my spirit and of course the miles needed to get me to Denver. Speaking of miles, the week of January 20th we have logged 17.5 miles. Thanks for your help. I will place another post shortly that shows how far we have traveled together.
Have a great weekend and remember this:

"If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love." -- Maya Angelou

klb

No comments: