Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year family and friends.
The first of 1044 miles was walked today. It took 17 minutes. I am counting on the fact that I will either get faster or be able to walk longer or both as I get stronger. The bike ride will be a key element in covering the miles in front of me. I can get farther faster on a bike.

I received a subscription to the Oprah magazine from my brother-in-law, Joe for Christmas. I love it. In an article I read today the author wrote an entertaining "last will and testament". The end of the article she writes to her children the following:

"....you get my favorite quote from the book we were reading last night when one of us (okay, it was me) fell sound asleep. I am hoping you'll consider taking Christopher Robin's word for it just the way Pooh did: "You just remember this: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." "

Happy New Year everyone.
klb

No comments: