Friday, February 26, 2010

I've got you covered...

You wouldn't think it would be hard to ask someone to pray for you.
It's fairly easy to say "could you keep my friend, parent, sister, child, childs friend...in your prayers" and of course, it is always received well and you know the prayers are being made.

However, turn the table, and say this "Could you pray for me?"
That is hard.

Why?
Because it is like saying "I can't do this alone." or "I need help." or "I am not well" or "I'm scared".

It would be a whole lot easier if we asked the question more often. "Could you pray for me?"

"I want to get to work safely" or "I need to make smart choices at the grocery store." or "I want to be a good role model for my children"...you know, the events that happen daily that we don't think about twice.
The other day my mom sent an email and she said "you know, we are always praying for you."
They pray for their children, grandchildren, friends, each other, every day.
No special requests need to go to my mom and dad. They have me covered, daily.

So, to you my friends, I am going to pray for you today and tomorrow, daily. Not because you are sick or need help just because you are worth praying for.
May your day be blessed and may you see those blessings through all of lifes events.

Now, if your day comes and you need an extra prayer, I hope it will be easier for you to ask. I know it will be nice for me to be able to say to you..."No special requests needed. I've got you covered. You are in my prayers everyday." I learned that lovely life lesson this week from my mom.

Happy Friday...I've got you covered.

No comments: