Thursday, April 3, 2008

a couple updates...

On Tuesday, April 1st I was inspired by it being the first day of a brand new month, the sun was shining and the daylight hours are longer....I walked to the voting location after dinner (about a mile). It felt great. Granted I had to slow down my pace a couple of times and I was freezing cold by the time I got home but all was good.
Yesterday, about 4:00 PM my legs started to ache. During dinner I had a hard time being comfortable, by 7:00 I was laying in bed. I took the medication that I have on hand for this type of thing and then was awake most of the night. Thankfully by 10 PM or so my legs didn't hurt anymore but the medicine wired me up. I finished a book and started another one and before I knew it the alarm clock was going off announcing to me a brand new day.

Today, my legs don't hurt at all.

My appointment with Dr. Cohen went well. We are starting down a new path today. No more Methotrexate and no more Imuran but still 20 mgs of prednisone with a plan to taper over the next 12 weeks down to 5 mg every other day. In a week, once the two immunosuppressive drugs are out of my blood (it takes much longer for it to leave the muscle) I will start on a new drug called Cellcept. It will take a number of weeks for me to work my way up to a full strength dose and possibly a couple of months for me to see and feel it's effectiveness but I am thrilled to be trying something new and the thought of no more needles on the weekends is THRILLING.
I did have a chest xray done as well as routine lab work and will let you know if there is anything worth reporting once I get the results back.

Thanks for checking in.

klb

No comments: