Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Denver, alone....

Denver, alone...now that doesn't sound like much fun. Don't you think we should see how many people we can get there. Bill should be able to come along for sure, right? What if we could log enough miles for all contributors to go along? I am going to be starting to add the miles of my marathoning coworker and I might get a few more runners on board so it is possible. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

I put this out there because not only are we adding the following people to my list of walkers, runners and bikers

WELCOME:
Auntie Susie
Laurie and Scott Thompson
Beth Weseman
My Mom
My Dad
Sandra Gonzalez
and the 21 people that walked with Meg Williams in the Walk-Rock-athon this past week-end.
(The next blog entry will be the email I received from Meg regarding this event. When you see something wonderful going on to better the lives of our neighbors it should be shared, right?)

OK, OK, back to where I was about to make a big announcement.
Not only are we adding the above people BUT as of today we are at 1345.07 miles logged. I got to Denver.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Don't stop walking, don't stop reporting your miles to me. YOU INSPIRE ME. On days that I am feeling good, you inspire me to get outside and walk. On days that I am not feeling so good I think of crazy goals related to this FUNDRAISING AND AWARENESS.
Starting today, I am going to try and match every mile walked with a dollar toward Myositis Research. That means I am going to have to sell ALOT of tshirts and raise ALOT of awareness and I am counting on you for that too.

When you receive your tshirt you will also receive a flyer that tells you what to say if someone asks "What's MYOSITIS"
If someone receives the email regarding my campaign and says "so how can I help"
The goal is raising awareness and money for research (buying and wearing a tshirt does both). If you happen to have a job or networking circle that offers sponsorships and things of that nature....money and exposure is a good thing too.

Thank you again for all your support and encouragement and MILES.

The M in Myositis stands for "Make every moment count."

klb

No comments: