Thursday, July 12, 2007

The home computer has provided quite a challenge for me this week. Only when it wants to it provides the little arrow that shows where your mouse is. Right now it's not working so you can only imagine how long it took me to get this far...
I have been back to work for four half days this week (I've been working 5 hour days) and I am exhausted. A good tired, I am not complaining. I receive a lot of joy and satisfaction from my career and the wonderful people I work with and for.

Right before I left the office I ask my coworkers to be prepared to learn new information and new ways of accomplishing tasks. I asked them to keep track of those things or have at least one valuable new thing they learned to tell me about upon my return. Tomorrow I am going to ask them to share that with me. Here the practice run on just a few things that I have learned while I was out of the office.

I learned that it is really important to listen to what my body needs and then follow through.
I learned how to give myself a shot.
I learned that I have a very strong spirit.
I learned that there isn't enough time in the day or days in my life to spend time being negative. It makes me feel bad, physically, mentally and spiritually and I definitely don't need that.
I learned that having the energy to be active with my family can bring as much joy (MORE) than running across a finish line alone. ( I haven't lost my desire to cross a lot more finish lines in my life)

I learned a lot more but those of you reading this learned that about me along the way so these are the first five things I could think of.

My quote for the day "A woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong."

Thanks so much for checking in. I am sorry that it took me a week to get back here.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

I think I have issues with the responding. It never takes my comment, and I always have to retype!!! GRRRRR

I can't even remember what I wrote 5 minutes ago, but I'm glad to hear about your week. I've been wondering. I'm glad your job gives you a positive energy, and that your week has gone well.

I spoke with mom and know that you went to Krissy's mom's visitation in GB on your first day back to work. Good for you!!! I'm sure she REALLY appreciated it.

I agree with you about negative attitudes. It's good to be reminded how they affect your whole being.

Did you try the garage sparkler thing yet????

love you, Sherry

Unknown said...

A little tip for you Sherry - and others, too... Something I've been doing lately, to help w/ difficult message boards: I open a Word page, and type my message there. Then copy and paste it into the message board window. That way, if the internet crashes or there's an offensive word I missed (who, me?!?), or the site is just being testy, I haven't lost my comment and can just re-copy and paste if need be.

Other than that, I just want to add that pushing aside negative thoughts was an acquired skill for me. I can certainly tell when my moods are hormone-altered, but when I can't use that as excuse, I have found great power in being able to say "no, I don't want to react like that." Being happy with life as it comes is just so much better. There are lessons everywhere.

XOXO, Meg

Vicki said...

Congrats Kris!
I haven't put in a 6 day work week in quite some time; you continue to show us how really strong spirited you are...
Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you out; lunch is not typically as fun as it was this past week.