Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Today is Wednesday, July 25th.
This morning I started my morning with a "wellness" program at work. It was a class on strengthening your core. It was difficult to be in a group with my peers and not be able to do all the exercises that the instructor was showing us. I suppose not everyone needs to know what I am dealing with. I am fairly certain no one else cared what I could do or what I couldn't do but it sure would make it a lot easier for me if everyone knew. It's not a secret of course but it doesn't come up in casual conversation either.
After each wellness session we are asked to provide ideas for future classes. This provided a great opportunity for me to share my insights on the importance of collecting your family health history.
Have you done this yet?
Start.
Start with something, yourself, your children, your parents, somewhere. I'll continue to noodle on how to create a template for that. Once I figure that out I will email to my distribution list and then everyone who receives it can do the same thing.
On Friday morning I am going to see my doctor. I am having a few stomach issues. They are probably nothing and are most likely related to all the medication but she wants to see me none the less to rule out the possibility of an infection. Two of the medicines I take are immunosuppressive drugs which means that my immune system is compromised. I am not too worried about it though I do feel a bit crazy having to call the doctor about every questionable thing.
As I mentioned, today is Wednesday. On my list of things to do today is a day for a cardio activity. I figured if I wrote it down I would be accountable so, off I go.
It's 8:15 PM. It's very humid outside but I am going for a walk.
I was trying to find a quote to write down without having to leave my computer. Here's the ABC's I have on a plaque in the kitchen.
Accept difference-Be kind-Count your blessings-Dream-Express thanks-Forgive-Give freely-Harm no one-Imagine more-Jettison anger-Keep confidences-Imagine more-Master something-Nurture hope-Open your mind-Pack Lightly-Quell Rumors-Reciprocate-Seek wisdom-Touch hearts-Understand-Value truth-Win graciously-Xeriscape-Yearn for peace-Zealously support a worthy cause.
Good Night.
Kris

6 comments:

Roo (Beth) said...

xeriscape??? Have we looked up that word yet? I like it - I think I'm going to need to use it someday...
So...in case I don't say it enough - thank you! Thank you for the strength you show to everyone! I'm so fortunate to know a lot of strong women - you are one of them. Everyone has strength of some sort - some are hard workers and love there jobs, some have emotional strength by take their weaknesses to make them stronger, some are strong in love and friendship and faith...the strengths in so many areas are amazing. It makes it easier to get through the tough days when you hear from or read something or whatever from a strong person. Today...it was you and Michelle. Thanks! Love you!

Roo (Beth) said...

Xeriscape - A trademark used for a landscaping method that employs drought-resistant plants in an effort to conserve resources, especially water.

Hmmm...probably won't be able to use it in a sentence in the near future.

:)

Roo (Beth) said...

oops - I spelled "their" wrong above...I hate making grammar mistakes!

"Pucky" for instance...still makes me giggle. :)

Vicki said...

I did a quick search for family medical history assistance and found these sites. Oprah's is a very basic document that can be printed and filled out. The other allows you to enter the information online. I haven't used either one, but it's a place to start. Maybe the flylady even has something fro you to use

https://familyhistory.hhs.gov/

http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/200504/omag_200504_tree.jhtml

Vicki said...

beth - I did that (spelling error) just so you wouldn't feel like the only one.

Roo (Beth) said...

I used Xeriscape in a conversation with a customer yesterday!!! I was so excited! :)