Thursday, July 5, 2007

I'd like to know what you think? 2nd try...

Sorry about that. My fingers were flying on the keyboard and they hit something they weren't suppose to. So let me try again.

What do you think I should do?

I'd like to know if I should tell my guests I am going to bed or if I should just quietly slip away. I prefer to slip away. The reason for this is because I don't want the party to end because of me. However, last night I laid in bed listening to our friends and our kids light off fireworks in our yard and I hoped and prayed they didn't think I was rude for not joining them or for going to bed without saying good night. Some of you have been at our house to be on the receiving end of this so I especially hope you will let me know. If you prefer to not put it on a public blog, you can always email me at home too. Thank you.

Today I pulled down the family calendar to make sure all bases were covered before I return to work on Monday. When I took it down I noticed a piece of paper I had taped up there around Christmas time.
I think it came from an email reminder I get from "the flylady". Here it is...I hope you enjoy it.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I can not change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

When I got home I looked up the Serenity Prayer and read that first verse and then I saw that there was a second verse. I was so surprised.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr
Merry Christmas! My gift to you; if you choose to open it, is a sense of peace that comes from making a choice to be happy!

Have a wonderful day.

I am chosing to be happy.
Kris

8 comments:

Vicki said...

Thanks again to the Bargers for a wonderful party!
And, when you need to slip away, by all means - slip away. You are missed, but you've let us all know that making smart choices today will help make tomorrow more enjoyable.
Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Hi Kris and everyone from uber-hot (for the moment) California!

I'm always good for an opinion, so I'd say that in the recent months we've come to learn a lot about what you're going through, including how tiring it can get at times. As long as Bill or someone knows that you headed in for the night and hadn’t fallen down a crevasse, I think you’re fine handling it the way you did. I think your intuition served you just fine.

I'm sorry I missed the party! Sounds like another fun time. Strawberry pie...mmmmmmm....

Happy 4th, everyone

Pat said...

Hi, Kris--I agree with Meg--you did what you felt your body was telling you to do. We all know what you are going through, and I know that everyone understands when you have to make an early departure. You just take care of yourself.

Sherry said...

Just to play the "devil's advocate", I think you should climb out on the garage roof with a megaphone and sparklers and announced your bedtime:)

Then set your alarm for midnight so you can get up and pick up the yard, do the dishes, mow the lawn, and then go back to bed at 5am.........tee hee!!!

Love you.....Sherry

Dad and Mom said...

trying this to see if it works

Dad and Mom said...

trying to see if this works

Dad and Mom said...

Dear Kris,
I agree with most of the other comments - that as long as Bill knows that you are off to bed, that is all that is important. Announcing that you are about to go upstairs may appear that it is time for your guests to leave. I just recently read an article on the necessity of rest for everyone. Two of the important things that I took from the article are is "rest is as important as exercise to a healthy life" and "you can't be there for others if you're a wreck yourself" guess we should all remember that.

Thanks again to you and Bill for a great 4th.

Love,

Mom

MrsMissy said...

Thank you Kris, I hope you know what an insipration you are to me. Everytime I read one of your blogs I think, WOW this is a wise, wise woman to look up to.