Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday, July 22nd

I spent the majority of the day in bed today. I believe it is the effects of the methotrexate injection yesterday but will keep track via the blog entries to see how I might be able to improve this.
Yesterday I gave myself my injection at 6:00 PM.
Met some wonderful friends out for dinner. It had been way too long since we were out with this group of people and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
We were home by 11:30 and I was in bed by midnight.
Either seven hours of sleep was not enough or it was the medicine or a combination of both because although I attempted to get up and get moving that lasted all of about an hour and a half and I was back in bed by 9:30 AM. Most of you know this but it never hurts to appreciate someone in public...Bill is wonderful. He tucked me in and took our kids and kept them entertained the entire day. I tried to get up and participate in the day a few times but I kept giving in to the fatigue and going back to bed.
During one of my brief awake times I had a wonderful visit with my cousin Tammy and her husband. They stopped on their way back from Chicago where they met their beautiful little son and took pictures and told them they would be back to take him home when he weighed 4.6 lbs.
He is 3 lbs 15 ozs today so it shouldn't be too long. That is another moment I wouldn't have wanted to miss.
With all of that being said, I think next week I will give myself my shot when I get home from work on Saturday (early afternoon) in hopes that the crappy fatigue time will fall on me while I am suppose to be sleeping and not ruin time that is suppose to be with my Bill, Emma and Jake.

My quote for today is a bit long but a great way to start the week.
May the sun bring you new energy by day.
May the moon softly restore you by night.
May the rain wash away your worries.
May the breeze blow new strength into your being.
May you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life.
-apache blessing-

No comments: