Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two in one day....WOW

A second blog in a day...
I just got back from my evening walk and I was so excited to tell you what I saw that I couldn't possibly wait until tomorrow.
The first thing I noticed is all the different kinds of daylillies that are in bloom right now. Then I noticed the fingernail moon. If Emma had been with me she would have insisted on calling her Grandma and bringing it to her attention. That is something special she shares with Grandma Barger.
About a quarter of the way through my walk I noticed an older rusted car in a garage and I commented to the older rusty man in the driveway that he had quite a treasure in his garage. He told me it was his dad's 1931 Buick. I mentioned that Bill and I have a 57 MGA and he said he once had a 1961 Healy. "It was a great car when it was running" is what he said. I asked him if he had been to the "Classic Car Night" at Pandls on Tuesday evenings and he was not aware of it but thought he might check it out. As much as I needed a little break in my walk, I think he was glad to have someone share a few friendly moments with him.
OK, about half way through my walk I found myself grumbling about how bad my feet ache. Not sure what that's all about but I am glad to have had a recent bone density test with results that indicated I have strong bones otherwise I would have kept myself awake thinking that my feet might crumble before morning.
On the final stretch I saw two young girls (maybe 7th or 8th grade) riding there bikes and talking. I was reminded of my friend Chrissy and the path we wore through Biemert Street biking back and forth to each others houses. Chrissy was my best friend and we remained friends in grade school and high school and even through college. Although I thought of her often I bet more than eight years passed by and I didn't bring myself to find her and get in touch. I saw her last Monday night at her mom's funeral. I wish I wouldn't have waited.

My message to you tonight is don't wait.
Don't wait to go for a walk.
Don't wait to share a kind word with a stranger.
Don't wait to call that friend you've been thinking about.
Don't wait.

Good Night.
Kris

2 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

Hi Kris,
Sounds like your evening walks are better than your morning ones. Probably more people out and about at that time so you get to take some rest stops along the way.
How about that bear going through Andersons yard. I'll bet their dog went crazy....
I'm writing this short note to see if it gets to you as Mom tried last night and it didn't work.
LOVE to ALL,
DAD

Meg said...

I take my own dog out most nights for a short walk - she's an old dog - and I love that time of night, when the skies are beautiful shades of blue. And thanks to you now, I've just sent off 2 notes to old friends, just because I was thinking of them. Thanks for the nudge.