Monday, July 16, 2007

Kid Quotes

This is week two back to work. I am continuing this week with five hour work days and feel pretty good about what I have been able to dig into.
One of the many wonderful parts of my job is finding artwork to rotate through our branch on a quarterly basis. This next quarter (July, August and September) we are featuring the talents of MPS students and their amazing art teachers.
Here are a few quotes that I am going to share with my office. They are currently in frames in the kids playroom.
"A friend is someone who helps you up get up when you fall down." Rachel McCullough, Age 9
" Kiss me when I'm bad. That's when I need it the most." Maura Stuard, Age 9
" Life is about who you love." Anna Yu, Age 12
" People are suppose to make mistakes. That's why we have erasers." Brittany McMahan, Age 8

Here is a brief health update.
Naps continue to be important. Although I felt pretty good when I laid down to rest on Sunday after church I slept for nearly four hours.
The last few days I have had a few dizzy spells. I haven't fainted but have felt faint. I left a message for my doctor and although she tried to reach me three separate times today we never connected. I am sure we will touch base tomorrow and I'll see what she has to say about that.
While in line the other day at the pharmacy I was able to ease the mind of a man who would be starting methotrexate injections. It was one of those moments where you ask yourself...should I say something? If I do, he will know I overheard the conversation. If I don't say something, he walks away nervous and scared. I said something and he seemed very appreciative of the shared experience. I hope it goes well for him.
Regarding the injections. The site of the injection is quite uncomfortable for about 24 hours after the injection. I don't think it's the needle, I think it's the actual medicine thats burning.
Time will continue to tell.
Patience will continue to be important.
Prayers will continue to make me strong.
Thanks to all of you.
Kris

No comments: