Thursday, June 14, 2007

FROGS

I never really did like frogs. Doesn't matter if they are the real ones or decorative ones they just never struck my fancy... until I looked at them with a different set of eyes.

My cousin Kevin and his wife Michelle recently had asked friends and family to pray for a little boy named Antonio and his family. They met Antonio while they spent time at Childrens Hospital here in Milwaukee with their son, Nathaniel. Families at Children's Hospital are given the opportunity to set up a "Caring Bridge" (blog) to keep people up to date on the progress of their childrens stay at the hospital.
In Antonio photo album on his "caring bridge" blog he always had frogs in the pictures they took of him. Big frogs, little frogs, frog pillows, frog flags, (you get the picture) This little boy loved frogs.
Do you know why this little boy loved frogs? For Antonio and his family frogs brought strength and courage and comfort.
FROG to the Perez family meant: Fully Relying On God.

Well, I will never look at a frog with yuck or disgust again.

Here is another every day thing that might cross your path on a crappy day and you will be reminded of what FROG's can mean.

Have a lovely day.

I have this quote in my office at work.
To work people reading this....I miss you.

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
-Marcel Proust-


on a separate note - I wore tennis shoes the last two days and my toe feels better. I had an appointment with my physical therapist yesterday she looked at my toe and suggested I see my rheumatologist regarding my toe and another weird symptom I have. My skin hurts. It's too hard to explain but if my doctor has an explanation I will let you know more after I see her.

1 comment:

Dad and Mom said...

OK,
I think I finally figured it out.
Thanks for the call, glad the kids got to see how brave their Mommy is. Hope that it feels much better tomorrow. AND, that you can avoid the fancy shoes.$$$$
Mom's out picking up those last minute things for the weekend and I know better than to ask.
Can't wait for hugs this weekend.
LOVE,
Dad and Mom too