Thursday, June 14, 2007

Quick update

I saw Dr. Cohen this afternoon.
Apparently the pain in my toe is indeed osteoarthritis.
She proposed two solutions: cortisone shot to the toe or a 5 day zap of prednisone.
We decided that because I was weened from oral steriods less than a week ago that the shot was the way to go. To add to the excitment, I had Jake and Emma with me. Great opportunity for me to show them how shots are not bad. I put on my brave mommy face and they watched the doctor with great interest and enthusiasm. It was fun to hear them give Bill the play by play report when he got home. They were really very excited about it and reported how brave I was. They were so proud of me.
The toe does not feel great right now but I was assured that by tomorrow I would be walking comfortably again. No ballet dancing though per the doctor. That won't be an issue.
Still hoping to find a good deal on Dansko sandals while in Minneapolis next week.

Thanks for checking in.
Kris

2 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

HEY,
That was too fast,
I just sent out my "comment" and already you have a new posting.
I don't think I'll be able to keep up with your "blogggging" rate.
LOVE,
Dad

MrsMissy said...

Keep hanging in there. I say a prayer for you everyday. Miss ya!