Friday, June 8, 2007

It's Friday

Hi everyone,
I didn't post anything yesterday because I was wiped out. I need to continue to keep track of activity as I am not sure if it was activity or the methotrexate that zapped me of my energy. Good News, it's Friday and I am feeling much better.
Did you happen to pick up the book "Lean on Me" by Nancy Davis?
Not only is she mom, wife and author but she is the founder of "Center Without Walls".
She recognized that doctors and researchers were all working on really important stuff related to MS but they weren't talking to each other.

How much stronger is a rope of strings braided together than the strings independently?

The other night I read on the Myositis bulletin board the exciting words of a woman announcing she was pregnant. I couldn't stop thinking about her and what I might know that could help her and her doctors to bring this new life into the world safely. So, I emailed Johns Hopkins new Myositis Center as well as the Executive Director of the Myositis Association and the Chairman of the Myositis Associations Medical Advisory Board. I asked how I might be able to help get rheumatologists, perinatoligists, OB/GYN's and internal medicine doctors talking and solving the challenges this woman (and others) may have in front of her.
I'll let you know if I get any feedback.
Have a great week-end.

Here's my quote for the day:
"The more I give to thee, The more I have..." William Shakespeare.

My Grandpa Gulbrand wrote words very similiar in a letter to me when I was in college. I wonder if he knew he was quoting Shakespeare?

Kris

6 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

ROBIN,
It's me again and this time I found your blog site and will pass it on to those who ask. I got to read todays pasting and think it's great that you continue to try to help others...it's the way you are.
Mom will be glad to know you're feeling better today. Mom's out in the back yard moving rocks around so I won't have so much grass to cut.
Can't wait to see you all on the weekend...
LOVE from Mom and Dad

Dad and Mom said...

ROBIN,
OK, I finally found your blog site and got to read your wonderful work attempting to help others. Hope you get some feedback from the doctors. Mom's out in the yard "moving rocks" and making LESS lawn for me to cut. She too will be happy I found your web page and I'll be sure to pass it on to those who have asked.
LOVE from Dad and Mom too

Dad and Mom said...

I'm getting better at this but still not too good at remembering passwords and so this came through twice and now the follow up note also,
that's it
over and out,
LOVE YA,
DAD

Roo (Beth) said...

Hey there...

Well, I walked in the Bellin Run today...and I know that when I wasn't thinking - "How much longer is this thing" and "gosh, my heal really hurts" and "can it get any hotter out here" and "I can't believe THAT person passed me", I was thinking...I am lucky enough to be doing this because I can...

I wanted you to know that some of the choices I am making these days are because of you...they're always "good" choices - so don't worry about that. But when I think something will be too hard, or take too long, or hurt too much, or be considered too healthy...I have to realize that there are a lot of people (not only you) who only wish they could participate in events like the Bellin Run. You're an inspiration Kris - and I wanted to make sure you know it! :)

Love you! Going to listen to my favorite Green Bay band now (Big Mouth) at Bayfest...See you next weekend!

-Roo

Anonymous said...

Kris--You are truly such an inspiration to all of us. I just want you to know that I am always thinking of you throughout the day, and you are in my prayers every night. God bless you!!

Anonymous said...

Kris--You are such an inspiration to everyone. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts each and every day, and in my prayers every night. God bless you!